Priority Communications sponsored the city’s first annual Holi celebration on Sunday 23 March 2014 at the Pallet Pavilion.
Working with Hitesh Sharma and Sandeep Khanna from Revel Events, we spread the word about Holi; got the media interested and had heaps of fun welcoming more than 1500 people on the day.
Holi is a traditional Indian festival that is celebrated world-wide. People throw colours, play games and enjoy food with family and friends. The Christchurch event was designed to give people a day of fun and time out from post-earthquake worries.
What we did
Leading up to the event
- The Holi Event Finder listing received 44,988 views.
- Christchurch and Canterbury Tourism, CPIT, UC, Christchurch City Libraries and several other sites re-listed the event.
- A pre-event media release was picked up by the Go Guide and ran as a full-page feature.
- The Christchurch Mail, Newstalk ZB, The Indian Newslink, Healthy Christchurch and Plains FM also ran stories about Holi.
On the day
- More than 1500 people attended Holi.
- TV2's The 4.30 Show, a photographer from The Press and several other photographers came to cover the event.
After the event
- Holi was featured on the front page of The Press and as a story on TV2's The 4.30 Show on 14 April.
- The likes on the Holi Facebook page increased from 150 to over 500.